Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pippin

Wednesday, May 15th (evening).

Need I reiterate how much I adore this show? So if you remember back to January, I saw this production at ART before it's Broadway transfer. There are some new and exciting things that have been added since moving (real fire, anyone?), but overall it's the same magical experience.

I cannot say enough good things. Really. I can't. It's perfect. I have quite a soft spot for this show. I love the plot and the characters and the music. But trust me, I would tell you if there was something that bothered me. And there's nothing. I'm just a huge fan of the way Diane Paulus re-imagined this musical that could so easily be stuck in the 70's and never come out. Yeah, it's still a musical that was written in the 70's and there's evidence of that, but it's been reinvented.

Rushing is pretty intense for Pippin these days. I was there at 6:30am. But my seat was great -- Row D on the side (house left).

GO SEE THIS SHOW. Especially if you've ever been in it (*cough cough CHS musical 2010*). 

I might have stage-doored this one...

Me & Rachel Bay Jones (Catherine).

Me & Patina Miller (Leading Player).

Me & Terrence Mann (Charles).

Me & Matthew James Thomas (Pippin).

No comments:

Post a Comment