Sunday, January 31, 2016

Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

I'm so late posting this, but I was extremely late to the game in seeing it as well. I cannot believe it took me over a year to get myself over to the Barrymore for Curious Incident but gosh I'm glad I finally did. What a spectacular piece of theater. Just really all around incredible. I've never read the book, and only knew a basic outline of the plot, so I walked into the theater blind aside from what others had told me about the show. To say the play had been hyped up for me is an understatement. I was expecting a majorly impressive work of art. And Curious Incident delivered. I spent the first act in such a trance that by intermission I realized I hadn't moved a muscle and had to stand to rid myself of the tension I was unconsciously carrying. I was engrossed in every moment, and very moved. Then the puppy came out of the box and I lost it. From that moment on I was in tears until leaving the theater. The most special line in the show for me is when Christopher acknowledges going to London all by himself. I related to so many aspects of his character, similarly to how I relate to Matilda (her song "Quiet" could be the theme song to my life). Really, I just am so pleased that this play exists and that this story is being told in such a beautifully magnificent fashion. If you haven't already seen it, get yourself there. But I'm pretty sure you all have and I was just way off my game.

No comments:

Post a Comment